I Absolutely LOVE this DIY idea and am definitely going to try it..what a fantastic way to give your old worn baskets a modern look when dipped in paint.
We all have some old baskets lying around don't we?...not to mention loads of left over paint...why not try it and give your rustic baskets a modern look and transform them into carryalls that look as if they came straight out of a design shop"
Here's how to make your own...
Tools and Materials
- Stir stick
- Water-based latex paint
- Large plastic storage bin
- Basket: Byholma basket, you can find a few from ikea.com
- Foam paintbrush
- Stir paint thoroughly, and pour into plastic bin.
- Carefully dip basket into paint.
- Work slowly; as you dip, the paint will push up the sides of the basket.
- Once you've reached the desired line, slowly pull basket out of paint.
- If you want a higher line than the dipped mark, use foam brush to paint a new line.
- Hang basket to dry completely.
via: tidbit du jour