May 16, 2011

DIY - LACE DOILY LIGHT SHADE

If and when baby number two comes along?...and its a girl...I am definitely going to make one of these 

Lace Doily Light Shade for her room.

A DIY I found on DOS Family.

How adorable is this !!

So clever..and easy to do

Basically all you will need is
  •  a nice collection of mixed patterned doily's, usually find loads of these at Vinnies 
  • Some wallpaper glue was used in this DIY..and a nice big Paint brush.
  • (however I think Craft Glue that dries clear would also definitely do the trick)
  • A huge party balloon to create the shape of your doily mache
 (More indepth DIY Instructions Click Here )


AND VOILA!!














images via: dos Family

15 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! I have this pinned in my 'to do' folder on pinterest. It casts such beautiful shadows. Have a great day lovely,
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is quite stunning ~ I can imagine how beautiful the shadow patterns would be. I am forever seeing these doileys in op shops and thinking how lovely they are, but hadn't thought of a use for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fabulous...I'd be up for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE!!! I might have to make one of those for my studio xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's cool, isn't it? I love lacey things :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever girl! I've never seen this before, it's just so pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so pretty, I've never seen any like this - gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That shade is just gorgeous, thank you for sharing! Mimi xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, just fabulous, Anna. Miss India would love it! J x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, lovely idea and great repurposing of nanna's doily stack :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty! I love the airy, vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is beautiful! I think I might make one for my house now. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This turned out beautiful! Lovely lovely and I love the shot of your daughter with the balloon :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous spaces. love the diy project. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this idea! Might have to give it a shot so thank you for sharing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for viewing my blog...I enjoy reading your comments and hope you come back and visit again soon :)