Apr 3, 2011

SOME NEW READS...

A fab gift Mr White got me for Christmas last year was a year's subscription to Donna Hay magazine...every month I wait in anticipation for the next issue to arrive in the post..and today the April/May issue arrived ...eeeek!
Double eeeek because this issue also came with a little gift ..a Donna Hay digital cooking timer..just what I needed..seriously!



Another gorgeous read...and I say gorgeous because in all honesty...I literally bought this book purely because I feel inlove with the cover....gold and gorgeous and very Art Deco! The Beautiful and Damned by F.Scott Fitzgerald.

I have seen the range of F.Scott Fitzgerald books blogged about in the past..mainly because of the stunning covers....and at $15...I thought...why not?
I'm sure I will eventually get to read it at some point..but for now ..the gold adds a nice glamorous touch to my desk.


Oh..and you know how I had all good intentions of "getting creative" over the weekend..well...fat chance! Didnt happen..the weekend was SO busy and jammed packed that I just couldnt make the time...but I did manage to stock up on some supplies and am still well and truly "in the Zone" so fingers crossed tonight is the night!



Have you ever purchased a book purely because you fell inlove with the cover?

9 comments:

  1. Too many times Anna, especially when I buy most online! Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you get up to with that paint! That book cover is devine- I have a thing for nice looking vintage books at the moment :) XX Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I buy most of my books based on whether I love the cover or not! Same with wine labels. Sometimes it works, sometimes not so much :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just last week in fact. Damn those Officeworks people and their gorgeous puzzle books at the check out.
    I fell in love with a wordsearch book with a stunning cover - in fact you can just see it under the pen on my desk here: http://www.giftsofserendipity.com/2011/03/art-of-living-my-creative-space.html

    I love that Donna Hay subscribers still get the bonus 'goodies' like your timer. Some magazines don't send these out to their subscribers and I've been burnt before missing out neat little extras.

    Felicity x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them all Anna, I might have to get The Beautiful and Damned with that gorgeous cover and Donna Hay never disappoints xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've bought books numerous times just for their cover. I have all the F.Scott Fitzgerald ones designed by Coralie Bickford-Smith as well as her Series One, Two, Three, and Miscellaneous Clothbound Hardback Classics. I also bought the religious clothbound Penguins which comprise The Mahabharat, The Ramayana, The Q'uran and The Bhagavad Gita. They look very pretty in the study - just got to read them. I even managed to track down two out of print ones so my collection is complete at this point.

    Eagerly awaiting the release of The Fourth series of Penguin Clothbound Classics.

    Yes, I have a problem.

    Sandy K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, got 3 books in the hardback Penguin range cos of the covers! :)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great gift!! I can barely wait to see your production!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely gift...I love Donna H and am now recording her shows on foxtel- will sit down one day and watch them all - and yes I know what you mean about not having time to create art, have been trying for a few weeks now, maybe next week-end...will see :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for viewing my blog...I enjoy reading your comments and hope you come back and visit again soon :)