Mar 5, 2011

LIFTED SPIRITS


This weekend my spirits have been lifted immensely...purely just by being surrounded by positive happy people.
We have had a friend of ours from Philadelphia, US named Ed staying with us since Thurs..and it has been exactly what the doctor ordered..a pleasant distraction from all the sadness that has been hovering over me since Tues when I found out about my fathers passing.

Ed is one of those people who truly breathes life in and breathes it out...he has a constant thirst for knowledge and hunger for travel..for learning new things, meeting new people..finding new ways of doing things and constantly reinventing himself..he is over 70 yrs old (the youngest fittest 70yr old that you will ever see) that STILL feels like there is SO MUCH more that he wants to do and learn in life...a truly remarkable soul that I feel so blessed and thankful to have crossed paths with in my life.

Ed loves people, he has often said that when travelling..he really has no interest in seeing the sights...he believes that what draws you to a place...is its people..and  it is those experiences that you have with those people, the memories that you create..that will have you wanting to go back to that place again and again.

When Ed left today...to continue his travels and visit and spend time with his other Aussie friends..I felt a kind of sadness and guilt...sadness because he was going..and I hate goodbyes...and then guilt because whilst he was here...I smiled, I laughed, I forgot for a moment...that I had just lost a parent...how could I forget?..how could I smile? how could I laugh?...it seemed so wrong...so cold and heartless....so then.. I cried.

Its funny how all things happen for a reason.....maybe...Ed was meant to arrive here...be here...with me.....at this exact moment in time...in my life....to remind me..that life goes on..and that Death is a part of life too.
And so what counts...is how we live it....how we CHOOSE to live...right at this very moment...and perhaps the best tribute that you can pay someone who has passed on..is to put your life ahead of their death..and Live...just live....be happy and just keep living and creating the best life you can for yourself.

Thank You Ed x

13 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift Ed has been.
    It's so pleasing to learn that you have been able to spend time with such a truly special friend at this time.

    Felicity xx

    PS Thought you might like to know that the special feather that I 'caught' for you earlier in the week is sitting amongst my glass nest on my study desk and each time that I see it, I send you a happy thought.
    It's a perfectly formed, from a seagull, smooth and grey & no bigger than your pinky. Just thought you might like to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so lovely to hear that you had a friend (Ed) who came to visit this week. Being happy and sad are wonderful emotions. I have been thinking of you all week! Look after yourself! Mimi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometime's Anna I'm sure we are sent people to help us keep it real...I feel like crap today, yet my Mr A is out there with a smile on his face after working his usual 70 hour week like he never heard of the word exhaustion!
    When you said 'I 'heard' about my Father passing"..... I got IT...straight away. You have love in the family you CHOSE.. and have a healthy respect for the one you were GIVEN. My love xx Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you had some smiles and laughter after such a tough week. Ed sounds like a very inspiring person and I think you're right... just when a chapter of your life has closed it is perfect timing that you be surrounded by inspiration and positivity. And I understand you feeling guilty... but please don't my dear. I hate to think of you upset and in grief but I've been thinking and praying for you all week and I'm so glad to see this post and know that there has been a bit of light.
    Hugs,
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smiles and hugs for you. Embrace all the emotions. They all have special meaning, and memories attatched. Sounds like Ed was just the right person for you to spend time with.

    Hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you sweet ladies...for your support and kindness.. its a true gift that I sincerely cherish and appreciate. Sending huge hugs your way :) xxx

    Felicity - Sending me all those happy thoughts must have worked..thank you so much dear friend x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anna, it's a wonderful thing to find moments of joy in times of deep sadness. This is what makes us human. You keep on doing whatever lifts you up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know it's difficult not feeling a bit of guilt when you smile after a big loss. I've never know how to feel about that. Ed sounds like a fascinating man and he obviously visited you at a perfect time. He has a great outlook :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Anna, you darling girl. Life is hard enough without adding guilt to it, isn't it? I'm so glad Ed was there for you - you're right, the timing was perfect. Feel what you have to, do what you have to. And know that you are loved. By many. The world over. J x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Anna, I am happy you were able to smile a bit this week. It is hard you will have moments of all kinds of emotions. I am so glad that Ed was there for you this week!
    Great reminder of life.
    xx
    callie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Anna, I am so very sorry, I have only just read your previous posts and I am so sad to hear of your dad's passing. Sending you all my love and virtual hugs. What a healing gift your dear friend Ed has been to you this past week, I am so happy that you had this time with him. You and your sweet family are in my thoughts and I am so sorry I have left it so long to drop by. Much love to you, sweet girl ~ Txx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow such wise words Anna, brought tears to my eyes. Sounds like you are living exactly as you should be right now. Don't doubt yourself you are wiser than you realise. Your friend sounds truly amazing and I am glad he was able to lift your spirits for a bit. Be kind to yourself.
    Donnaxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad that you had a lovely time with Ed, life does go on, even through sadness.

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for viewing my blog...I enjoy reading your comments and hope you come back and visit again soon :)