Mar 30, 2011

FEATHER LOVE...

A new look I have stumbled across a few times now on the net...and one that is really growing on me as I have a new love for anything to do with feathers...is this Ostrich Feather Light ..Stunning right?

Quite a statement piece.. Romantic, soft and dreamy .. adding Opulence and a slight sexiness to a space.




I am considering trying out my own version of this for the bedroom....perhaps not in Ostrich feather as they aren't exactly cheap to buy individually... and I would need at least 100+ if I wanted to achieve that glorious full and fluffed up look...but its worth a try...I think it would be a fun DIY project.

We have seen many amazing DIY light fittings made out of Coffee filters cups, wire, tulle...
why not feathers?


Fiela Feather Light by Haldane Martin


12 comments:

  1. Hi Anna,

    I've seen a few of these lately too, and whilst they are very eye catching, I can't help but think (don't think I'm too OCD here - I'm not!), that they would gather a lot of dust. Just a thought.

    Sonia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of the feather and love the one on the stand but think it would need a grand space to be able to really let it 'shine'.

    Oh & I've just read Sonia's comment - of course it would be a nightmare to keep clean!

    x Felicity

    PS: Pop on by my place today to see some much simpler feathers which sit in my creative space. Your precious little quill that I found for you last month sits in the glass bowl with the blue & brown fellows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, a trend happening out there!

    Sounds like a fairly therapeutic process actually, making one of these. They are incredibly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sonia..I know..but depending on how dusty the room gets..you could always give it a shake down...or dust it with a feather duster? lol

    Felicity - I love how you have a little feather that carries a thought for me
    : ) your such a sweetheart x

    Blue Fruit - Yes..true..I didn't think of it that way...but I find any creative project therapeutic..till it starts to go wrong..lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so soft, I imagine it creating a dreamy ambience.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anna I would like a smaller size for my powder room, very elegant and unique!!

    I have a Giveaway from The Zhush I know you will love! Come & join!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, Anna, this really is the most delightful idea. I am most attracted to the whimsicality of it. However, the public liability lawyer in me worries it could catch fire! J x PS Loving the new font ☺.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not seen these before but they look so adorable! great idea.

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this Anna! So pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that's quite lovely. I like the scale of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes you are right it's a great statement piece...love it in the top room, just divine :))
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for viewing my blog...I enjoy reading your comments and hope you come back and visit again soon :)