The best part about this cake...other than it being super delicious...is that it is super easy to make...anyone can try it!
Thought I would share the recipe : )
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup oil ( a light oil tastes better)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 410g can/jar of pitted cherries drained (or frozen mixed berries if you prefer)
- Icing Sugar
- Grease a 20cm ring pan, line base with grease proof paper ( baking paper)
- Sift flours, soda and spices into bowl, stir in sugar.
- Stir in combined oil, eggs , sour cream and cherries.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan
- bake moderately slow oven for about 40min
- Stand cake for 5 minutes on wire rack to cool
- Dust lightly with sifted icing sugar.
When serving I like to add a dollop of vanilla ice cream or fresh cream
sorry for the poor quality pics..but I promise you its super delicious!