Dec 12, 2010

RESTLESS...REARRANGE....

I have been feeling a little restless lately....I always get this way this time of year.
I'm sure I have a million things that I am suppose to be doing but I would rather think up another million things that I would rather be doing.
Like rearrange my bookshelves...I'm bored with them....and am thinking I would like to relocate them elsewhere in the home...and since there are two of them..perhaps have them joining hands again? I dunno?



Then there is the master bedroom...I have hit a brick wall and have lost focus and inspiration on what style exactly I want to achieve..so everything is on pause at the moment until I get another rush of inspiration and pick up where I left off. 


I am however really inspired to start on my little Munckins bedroom makeover, he needs a big boys bed now, and lots of organisation in his room, I want it to be fun and functional...a place where he will enjoy not only sleeping in..but playing in.

What do you do when you get restless? do you want to rearrange things like me?

12 comments:

  1. It is such a hectic time of year! I am thinking of covering our books & putting them out on display. have you done a mood board for little Mr's room? XX Samie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get really restless too. I feel like before I can even finish decorating a room, I want to redo it.

    As for your bedroom...I'm still voting that you keep those nightstands their natural wood color!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definately rearrange the furniture when I'm restless! I'm usually inspired once we take the Xmas tree down. Feels like a fresh start! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I make lists, flag pages in magazines and search blogs for inspiration. Then I'm too tired or busy to carry them through! The end of year is a welcome break though and at last time away from work and at home to get things done. The play room will be a fun start and something your little one can help with a little maybe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I'm restless, I usually find I have so many idea floating around in my head and end up starting several things all at once but take forever to actually finish any projects off!! Love the playroom inspiration pic above.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lovely, yes I get that way all the time. It's just so nice to have some projects to get preoccupied with. I love that kids room photo and I think it would be a fantastic bedroom style for little Jacq. Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clear mind seeing a landscape or listening to soothing music and so will rain down ideas.
    Greetings. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I get restless, I have such a bad habit of ding nothing at all. I don't know where to start so I don'tdo anything. agh! such an awful habit of mine.
    I can't wait to see what you come up with.
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm the same way here- especially at the start of the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whenever I get restless (esp. this time of year) vinnies/I look for things to bag up and take to charity. And I clean things I normally wouldn't clean :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anna,
    I can so relate to what you are talking about. What is it about this time of year? My friends & I call it the hay fever blues - we can't think of any other reason, but it seems to happen to a great deal of people. Anyway my adage is - if in doubt, move the whole bloody house about!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  12. completely with you - weirdly i find the "need" to rearrange things strikes at the most inopportune times eg. when I should be making dinner, or very late at night.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for viewing my blog...I enjoy reading your comments and hope you come back and visit again soon :)